Outdoor Kitchen and Pizza Oven

Last year we replaced our deck and a patio with a beautiful stone patio that created a better flow to the pool. Outdoor kitchens are all the rage these days and since we entertain a great deal, especially in the summer, it seemed to make sense to incorporate one into the new patio design. As we always seem to do, we took this project a step further. Since my husband is the chef in our family, it made sense that he should take the lead on the items he wanted in our new outdoor kitchen. Not to say I wasn't integrally involved...I was...but he is really the grill master. The plan called for us having a grill, warming drawer, side burner...all the regulars. What's not so regular...his idea of putting in an outdoor pizza oven. When he first brought up the idea, quite frankly I thought it was crazy. He was very excited about the idea and when our contractor heard the idea he was even more excited about building one. Over the past few years my husband has been coming up with unique recipes for pizzas grilled on the bar-b-que. It's become one of the staples at our gatherings around our pool. Well, the pizza oven is one of the best things we have ever added to our home. You can click on these links to get the step by step on how we created this outdoor oasis. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com/2010/10/outdoor-pizza-oven.html, http://diybydesign.blogspot.com/2010/12/patio-finally-finished.html

• Gail

Beautiful, love the stone!
  • Sue.sacco

The web link says that page is not there anymore. Really would love to see how you did this! Thanks!