Kimberlee
Kimberlee
  • Villa Rica, GA

Cool plant living in my woods...

I found this plant while looking for moss to add to my water garden (a post for a later date! LOL). I did a good and long search and finally found what it's called. Here's a piece of mine and here's the link to the cited information: Fan Clubmoss
Diphasiastrum digitatum http://www.illinoiswildflowers.info/grasses/plants/fan_clubmoss.htm.
My Fan Clubmoss was transplanted (I didn't know it wasn't likely to survive) over a month ago and it's thriving.
cool plant living in my woods, gardening

• Sharon B

Where I use to live in Syracuse NY they have it in the woods there and call it Princess Pine, love it.......use to make wreaths out of it and use it as a cover until I was told I could not pick it that it is protected, but this is Princess Pine that is.......

• Ful411239

I have always been told it was creeping cedar, a lot of people use it at Christmas time to make dec.