DIY Scented Dryer Balls - Dryer Sheet Alternative

I've been sharing quite a few ways to replace those store bought laundry products with some less expensive and simple homemade versions. Well, today, I'm going to show you how I ditched the dryer sheets and made my own scented dryer balls. You can reuse them forever, and they will leave your laundry smelling great, feeling soft and static free! ***Note*** You can leave out the scent and use these alone as well!
Start with a mixture of water, vinegar and hair conditioner. I use Suave because it comes in some wonderful scents and it is really cheap! For the exact amounts, click on the blog post link at the bottom of this post!
Pour your scented mixture into a clean spray bottle.
You will need your scented spray and two new tennis balls. I really wouldn't use old tennis balls just in case they have any dirt on them.
Spritz your tennis balls liberally...
And throw them in your dryer! Dry your clothes like your normally would and reuse them forever! The tennis balls knock around in your dryer while moving your clothes around so they knock out the wrinkles, and the wool of the tennis balls absorbs any static in your clothing. The scent is a bonus that leaves your clothes smelling wonderful like dryer sheets do!

Mom4Real

• Hello and thank you so much for the post! I do have a question, we live out in the country and I prefer to line dry out clothes as apposed to electric or gas dryer. They just seen to part longer lol. I was wondering might you be able to suggest a manner of using your idea in this method?

• Lisa Sinclair

I hang my clothes all summer, too. You can always bring the dry clothes,in off the line. Throw them in the dryer with the untreated tennis balls. This will beat the clothes a little bit, to soften them up some. But I wouldn't use the scented spray, cause I love that great "outdoorsy" smell that line drying leaves.

• Annie Douglas

What would happen if you put the solution into the container of tennis balls so they always had the solution on them? No need to spray them.

• Sherry Clark

Was just wondering how much vinegar and conditioner to use to make the solution!

• Maggie Kelly

I thought you couldn’t put rubber products into a dryer at least that is what my gas dryer instructions stated . I use wool balls instead

• Marcia

Not to be picky, or maybe I am, the caption says “old balls” and that’s why I clicked on it. I already knew to use tennis balls to dry certain things in the dryer. However, I think this is a great way to keep from spending money on dryer sheets.