Homemade dog shampoo

Make your own dog shampoo that is better for your dog and inexpensive! These are the three main ingredients: 1) 1 cup generic brand uncolored antibacterial liquid hand soap 2) 1/4 cup glycerin (found in the pharmacy section near the rubbing alcohol) 3) 1 cup white vinegar. Mix all ingredients in two quarts of warm water (I use an empty apple juice bottle) and pour it over your dog. I still use baby shampoo for her face and do not get this mix in her eyes or ears. It pours on, soaks in, suds up and rinses off much better than any other dog shampoo I have ever used. The antibacterial hand soap kills any bacteria on the dogs skin (which is what makes them smell "doggy"), the vinegar balances the ph in their skin so they don't get flakey and itchy and the glycerine makes their coat soft and shiny. I've been using it for a couple of years and it is the best! As soon as my dog sees me mixing it up she gets into the bathtub and waits for her massage and bath.
Homemade dog shampoo

31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!

• Irene

As a dog groomer for more than 20 years, I used a formula like this, only used Ivory dish soap. We didn't have anti-bacterial soap then. Bit it worked great and never had any allergies or complaints. We even used it for our show dogs that were white. Worked great. That was many years ago, I'm retired now and have little dogs. Should go back to this. Had forgotten all about it. Thanks, for the reminder.

• Elba Tapia

Wonderful recipe,I can't wait to try it on my two dogs. Thank you so much.