Drum Table Trash to Treasure

Curbside trash renewed.
This old, once a beauty, was sitting at the curb. I ain't shy... so I snagged it up. Once home, I discovered why. Obviously the original front and drawer are gone and replaced with a repurposed one... and ...
cobbed.
To keep the original table top and frame work, the repair person used plywood screwed from the bottom of the frame. The plywood was covered with cloth. The attempts to keep the framework together was done with screws... that was determination!
The framework needed to be repaired first.
So I took it all apart.
Then put "Humpty Dumpty" back together again. With wood filler and glue.
And clamps.
Many of them.
Scraping, soaking, sanding... so frustrating! The belt sander gave up too... I wondered what I was thinking when I wanted to salvage the original top. I even thought this table just wasn't worth any more effort. Two long days of work and little progress on the top, I replaced the repaired frame piece on the front of the table. With glue and clamps in place, I still wanted to keep the original top without modifying the frame in any way. After all, a drum table is meant to be round.
I added a drawer support that was missing.
It is going to painted anyway. So floor leveler will fill the the whole thing. And that's what I did. And sanded some more. Then painted primer on the top.
Sanding the entire table: Top, sides, legs and drawer made it paint ready. I used flat white paint with a few drops of brown and black paints to tone down the bright white. The paint coverage was exceptionally nice. I dry brushed the embossed areas and wet painted the other areas.
Then I went back to the table top with a design in mind to complement the column looking legs.
Repeating the one design all around the table and allowing the brush strokes to show was the look I was trying to achieve.
To line the drawer, I used this velvet fabric.
It was worth the work after all.

21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Robin @ Redo It Yourself Inspirations