Some People Loved This Deck and Some Hated It. See the Difference Now!

When I first posted about our "dream deck" I was surprised at the response. What some people missed was the fact the new wood needed to "cure" before staining. Check out how the deck now blends in with our ranch style home!
The unstained decking did not help the deck blend in with our home but instead was somewhat of an eyesore.
Our dream deck began many months ago with the removal of the dead trees in front of the house. You can read all about the steps involved on my blog.
The first and very important step is to clean the deck, even though it is relatively new. My husband usually pressure washes, but you can also use a deck prep product found at the hardware store. At any rate, it is important that the surfaces be clean. You also want to remove everything off of and away from the deck.
The needed supplies.
You can see where my husband taped off the house to protect from overspray.
He had to roll the decking because the sprayer does not work on horizontal surfaces without a special (purchased) accessory that allows you to point the spray nozzle down at a 90 degree angle.
He used a brush to “cut-in” where the deck meets the house and some other tight areas and couldn’t resist applying a few coats the old school way on the hand rail!
Here's the deck after the first coat and the difference is already amazing!
Although I wasn't sure about the color at first I love how it helps the deck blend into the home and look like it's been there forever!
Perfectly stained the deck now includes these steps I've always wanted, decorated for fall and welcoming guests to our home!

Marty's Musings