Make "Baskets" Out of Cardboard Boxes

Necessity is the mother of invention, as my mom used to say. I couldn't find the right size baskets to fit on a couple of shelves in my daughter's room, so I covered a wine box and a shoe(boot)box with 4 ply jute twine.
Here's the project all finished.
Here's the project all finished.
I found a wine box that was the perfect size (width and depth) and cut down the top
I wrapped & hot glued some jute string around a shoe box for the top box and the wine box is on the bottom.
I made some liners from a drop cloth to line the cardboard boxes to complete the look.
Diy Design Fanatic

• Lisa

Never thought of this one one. Great idea and one I really needed right now. Thank you, extremely helpful

• Suzy Googoo

It is all so useful. The twine boxes make it look very upscale and practical. I made 6 huge fabric boxes from fabric dinner napkins I bought and never used. I can tell you that I use them everyday to store my craft supplies in a wood wall unit I got for free on Craigslist. It was a great solution for making things organized and easy to grab. My next boxes will be twine for the texture it adds. That jewelry wall is a great idea. But I gotta tell you; I would have made a picture out of that wine box. I have found that Naked Juice boxes were incredibly sturdy and have stood the test of time. We used to drink a lot of that and I had all these boxes. I find that using thicker cardboard boxes worked best and have stood the test of time after 5 years.