Granddaughter's Horse Theme bedroom makeover

How I took this bungalow and made it into a horse theme bedroom for my granddaughters.
My Son purchased a fix me upper. And my granddaughter wanted a horse theme bedroom in this huge upper room. My son put in new windows and handed the project over to me. With drywall mud, paint , porch wood paint, 1x8s, refurbish 2x4s, 1x4s, carpet, new deco pictures, bedding and assorted extras........ Walla it is done.
Patched, then resprayed a very light knockdown texture on walls to give them a fresh look and then Painting using 3 colors.
And foam board to exterior wall that the 1x8s will screw to.
Stressed 1x8s but hitting the boards with anything I could fine and then sanded and stained them.
Using caulk gun hold foam on wall.
Trimmed out window and wall with the old 2x4s and then started screwing the 1x8s on wall using lathes behind 1x8s to straighten wall out
Taped off and filled in spaces with drywall mud.
Laid carpet, trim boards on and pained floor
Finishing up with trim and touch ups
Adding furniture
Added all the pictures accents and new bedding and wallaaaa...
It's not a professional job but just another day trying to make my Grand girls happy. lol
Thanks for letting me share...

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 96 comments
Next