Ronja Lotte
Ronja Lotte
  • Germany

DIY Fridge Magnets

$0

Unfortunately I had to give up my favorite dish. After it was already glued, the crack was now discolored and could not any longer be cleaned properly. Since I nevertheless did not like to throw it away, I decided to give the porcelain a second life on my fridge.
how to make broken plate fridge magnets, crafts, home decor, repurposing upcycling
Finished magnets.
Materials and tools: Old magnets, a plastic bag, a sharp knife, old china, a hammer and glue.
First, I put the bowl in the plastic bag and smashed it from the outside with a hammer to smithers.
If you have a knife that is sharp enough, you can cut flat magnets and that's what I did next.
Finally I now glued the small magnets on the back of the fragments and my new fridge decor was done.
If you like to see more of my projects just visit my blog :-)
Ronja Lotte

• Ann Beck

What did you do to the pieces so you wouldn't get cut when using them ? Especially the sharp edges. I'm asking because I have grandkids that like to put their artwork on the fridge.

• Martha Adamsky

I'd use sandpaper to smooth the edges but remember the grit is actually fine glass so don't wipe it up with a bare hand and dispose of safely.

• Georgianna Lash

I would sand the sharpness of the edges due to having little hands around the house. You know when the grandkids or your own little ones may pluck one off the fridge to display their moist prized piece of artwork for mom or grandma!

• Georgianna Lash

Meant to say you never know.....lol