The Ever Evolving Living and Dining Room...

I updated my living room yet again! I know, I know. It's one of those rooms that just keeps evolving. I've been working on it for a few months now. I found some beautiful pieces of furniture at the flea market and Goodwill that fit the scale of the room better than all the pieces I had accumulated over the years. I really wanted a cohesive look throughout since my entryway, living room, and dining room are
living room dinning room makeover tricks, dining room ideas, home decor, living room ideas, wall decor
Finally broke down and bought a large area rug in a neutral color and added white curtains through out the dining and living room. It makes the spaces feel much more airy.
I'm not a fan of my leather sofa but sometimes when furniture isn't your top priority on the budget you just work with what you already have. I would love to have a nice tan or grey colored tufted sofa and chair. Someday... ; )
Found this old window frame at a flea market and if fits perfectly over the dining room and adds a bit of rustic feel.
The colorful gallery wall! I wanted it all to flow with this because I'm not about to change it. This took me hours to put together and I mean hours! LOL. I am aware that the trim and staircase are dated but when the time comes that will all be painted and stained.
Our little command center at the top of the stairs. My youngest has a problem with keeping her homework in her backpack and shoving it in her closet downstairs so I decided we needed somewhere where I could easily find their backpacks and homework.
Found this smaller scale coffee table at the Goodwill. It has beautiful lines. The bottom half was pretty damaged so I decided to paint it white and refinished the top with some stain. It's a beauty.
Kimberly Noelle

• Irene

Have you considered a slipcover or a sofa throw for the sofa. I had an old sofa I once covered (thrown over) with an ecru chenille bedspread from Brylane Homes for about $50. Looked great and was machine washable to boot.

• Tracey Clayton

So beautiful! Custom made furniture was the best option for my small living and dining room.