Katiewatson2009
Katiewatson2009
  • San Ramon, CA

Please tell me your thoughts about my deco mesh Christmas wreath

Priscilla GGinnyAlice J
+39

Hey fellow Hometalkers, tonight I made this deco mesh Christmas wreath. My husband and kids love it, but I want your thoughts too. Thanks
q deco mesh christmas wreath holiday craft, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
  • Jamala W

I'd give it a thumbs up

• Marlene Wilson

I like this very much.

• Brigette

Very pretty!

• Heidi Geldean

If you like it, who cares what others think?

• Katiewatson2009

@Heidi Geldean true! But I do care what my readers and followers say and think. Thank you for your response. :))))

• Priscilla G

very cute and great for any room in the house

• Linda Werner

I like it! ! Great for indoors away from any flame.

• Kim Smith

I think it is pretty, and since you made it, I am sure it could adapt to any Christmas decor colors. I decorate in silver and pink and I could switch it up. Nice!

• Debs

I like it! Very cute!

• Khonstanze

Maybe I am too old but this looks like a hot mess to me. So sorry. I also say, if YOU like it, USE it. What do you care what old ladies say?

• Linda T

I agree with Khonstanze, to a certain extent, but feel it's simply just too crowded. I would have used the same articles, but just made one giant 'pouf', on the bottom left or right, maybe with some of the ribbons hanging down from it, like streamers. Then, from the top, and down the 'naked' side, the words, Merry Christmas. The words would show up better, and if the wreath is not vine, or twigs, you could cover the empty side with flat (unbunched) net before attaching the letters. I'm being 'honest' too. 1) Because I promised myself when I turned 60 (long ago) I would not swallow my thoughts and feelings anymore, just to please others (Mainly because some of my ex's friends were racists and I had to be quite, because of his work. It KILLED me, so I swore, never again) 2) I used to work at Christmas making fruit baskets and wreaths at an orchard market. My wreaths were very popular and I could hardly produce enough to keep up with demand.

• Rosalind

You have a very busy wreath with all the Christmas colors which is good but I would change the words"Merry Christmas" to all white. This would make it pop.

• Bellazaar Bellazaar

Very festive!

• Shirley

So tacky but as others stated, it you like it hang it on your door. Just don't ask guests for their comments. They may be too embarrassed to voice opinions.

• Linda Thompson

I like it. What did you use for the Merry Christmas letters? Were they purchased in a hobby or craft store?

• DARLENE

It's very busy... Seems like the colors don't mix very well. So sorry

• To busy .. Would be cuter if the bow wasn't all over!!

• Auntie Lin

It's adorable. I would just paint "Merry Christmas" in a solid color...over the top busy with the graphic letters on top of busy (adorable) festive ribbons.

• Auntie Lin

Lol...I did not see Rosalind comment until now.

• Marion Nesbitt

Think it would be better if the Merry Christmas was all in one colour - that is a dif colour than the other items. The message seems to get lost.

• Judy Rashotte

Maybe if you just took the dark green out of it and maybe put the Merry Christmas in a different spot and painted it all one color. I is nice, maybe just a little to much on it. You know what they say less is more.

• Sandi Komurke

Looks a little busy. Go with solid colors on the Merry Christmas. I love the idea!

• Rosanna Utter

I think it is cute and agree with all those who said to change the colors on Merry Christmas. You want that to "pop" out. Also, trim some of the red ribbon curls....like when we have split ends in our hair! Creative thinking, THM!!!

• Katiewatson2009

Thank you everyone for your input. Stay tuned as I tweak it

• Debbie Copeland

How about plaids and solids ( with a tiny bit of gold) in Christmas colors with solid lettering.

• Kirsten Snaturb

I love it!

• Tina Ogle

I think you did a good job. It is what you made and wanted. People if you can't say something nice don't say any thing!

• Marilyn Lefler

If you and your family love it, that's all that matters!!

• I make , teach and sell these. 1st you need more mesh 3-4 rows. Next for this wreath, I agree, keep your greens the same. Next go round your wreath with fun ribbon or beads. Layer 2-3. If your want that spiky look cut strips of 2-3 ribbons and attach at twist or add christmas balls. Also around your letters add texture,, Greenery, glitter spikes... I have found the more I layer the cuter. I was not a bit fan at first but it you plump and glitz them up, you can acheive a really fun conversational piece.

• Cyndie S

Love it that you truly want to learn to do your crafts well and keep trying different projects.

• Paulette Montoya

I like the colors! I would either add more ribbon or trim the red mesh a little. Gold beads would look cool too!

• Sue

Are you serious about this or is it a test?

• Shirley

Sue: your comment is priceless and the best one yet!!!

• Debra Ruffing

Do you love it?

• Alice J

I kind of agree with Stephanie Harris from Texas. Put more of the red rows of mesh to fill it out. I like the Merry Christmas sign just the way it is and would add the same color greens to the areas where you have the dark green. The dark green adds a little pop to it but just make sure you have more of the lighter green that is in your Merry Christmas Sign. You could also add a couple of "spikes" (tiny styrofoam balls (painted in the colors of your wreath-solids only) put on wooden sticks or thick wire). Once you add more of the red mesh to the bottom layer you will see what I mean. These wreaths can be made with 1-2 colors or 1-4 colors. You have used typical Christmas colors and it looks fine, just needs some finishing additions to it. Good idea is to look on HomeTalk and Pinterest to see wreaths made by different people and you will see what I mean. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your finished project.

• Ginny

Nah ...you do not want my thoughts but wishing your family a very Merry Christmas

• Priscilla G

I feel its a little over powering but good for a first time try. It looks too heavy on the top with all the bows, might try re arranging some of them. Don't give up, keep working on more, just need practice.