LZ @The Summery Umbrella
LZ @The Summery Umbrella
  • Burgaw, NC

DIY: Upcycled Lamp Shade Pendant Light

Have you ever had a project that you were dying to create, but just couldn't figure out how to do it? Well, I feel your pain! I have been wanting to create some sort of bedside lighting for literally MONTHS. No joke. I started off thinking that I was going to do huge tree stump floor lights, but since we have carpet (grrrr @my husband) in our bedroom that wasn't going to work. Then, I thought I'd make light stands on these small benches that we had on hand, but I realized that they would take away from the shutters that I already had up.
Check out the full tutorial here:
http://www.thesummeryumbrella.com/2014/10/diy-upcycled-lamp-shade-pendant-light.html
diy upcycled lamp shade pendant light, bedroom ideas, diy, lighting, repurposing upcycling
LZ @The Summery Umbrella

• Patricia Mayne

Nice idea for reusing yucky shades. This would also be cute on a covered porch. I own a few yucky shades, I may have to get out the scissors and spray paint.

• Jodi Zanone Quick

Here's a project I did similar to yours;

, I found two old doors on a curb came home painted them Then mounted two sconces that I painted a rubbed oil bronze previously gold and finally found two shades for free The most expensive thing I purchased for this project were the lights they were only 10 I love how they turned out