Create This Cabinet Finish Using Wood Icing™, Chalk Paint® + A Stencil

This cabinet door looks like gorgeous, soft fabric! (We are sharing a sponsored post by Debbie Dion Hayes of MyPatchOfBlueSky.com.)
Create this finish with Wood Icing™ Textura Paste, Chalk Paint® and a pretty stencil! Find Wood Icing products at WoodIcing.com.
(See if there is a Wood Icing retailer near you at http://woodicing.com/html/Retailers.php)
This exquisite finish would also be perfect for an art canvas.
Make a sample using an old cabinet door, like this one from Habitat for Humanity, or jump in and do an entire piece of furniture!
SUPPLIES
• cabinet door for a sample, or a furniture item
• FROM WOOD ICING.COM: Textura Paste, Paris Grey & Pure White Chalk Paint®, and Clear Soft Wax
• stencil, mine is from RoyalDesignStudio.com
• brush, rags, cheesecloth or lint-free wiping cloth
Lacey Jane the kitty helper insisted upon assisting. I lightly sanded the door and wiped it off because it was shiny. Then I brushed on one coat of Paris Grey and let it dry.
I cut my stencil edges off, in order for it to fit inside the panel more easily. I put it in various positions that I liked, and simply used my finger to push a bit of Textura Paste through the stencil. It dries quickly.
Brush on a thin layer of Pure White, in random strokes so it’s not too perfect. Let dry. Use a wet rag to pull of areas of the pattern until you like the look. Let dry.
Use cheesecloth to wipe on one layer of Clear Soft Wax. Wait a few minutes and wipe off all excess. Buff to a soft sheen. If this is a piece of furniture, wait a day and add another coat of Clear Wax.
Pretty isn’t it!

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners

To see more: http://woodicing.blogspot.com/2014/10/create-this-lovely-fabric-like-cabinet.html

• Susie Chilberg
    Susie Chilberg

It’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to use Icing. Had to create a stencil to create a missing piece on an old door.

How long should I leave the stencil on after putting the Wood Icing on?

• Sandy Fink
    Sandy Fink

I painted my kitchen cabinets a pretty red. I would like to stencil a couple of doors what color would you use on red

• Carey
    Carey

But that cat!