Metallic Gold Honeycomb Dresser (an IKEA Tarva Hack)

I love a good IKEA hack project and this one turned out just as good as I had imagined it in my head! I started with a plain IKEA Tarva Dresser and then went to work transforming it into a beautiful art decor inspired metallic gold honeycomb dresser and I love how it turned out!
First I began by putting together the dresser since Ikea furniture comes in so many pieces!
Then I added trim to your dresser to create this really fun honeycomb pattern!
I used 3/8" square dowels to create (3) 3" squares, spaced evenly across each drawer. I used my compound miter saw to cut my trim pieces and wood glue and my nail gun to attach them.
Then I added smaller squares that overlapped on the drawers and finally I added my diagonal pieces.
Next I painted my dresser a cream color and then gold. You can see all the details on how I painted it, and what paint I used on my blog!
I added some beautiful faux crystal knobs to the front!
And after a bit of work, I transformed this $79 Ikea dresser into something stunning, beautiful and truly custom!
And I just love how it turned out!
blogger

15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
SimplyDesigning