Metallic Gold Honeycomb Dresser (an IKEA Tarva Hack)

I love a good IKEA hack project and this one turned out just as good as I had imagined it in my head! I started with a plain IKEA Tarva Dresser and then went to work transforming it into a beautiful art decor inspired metallic gold honeycomb dresser and I love how it turned out!
First I began by putting together the dresser since Ikea furniture comes in so many pieces!
Then I added trim to your dresser to create this really fun honeycomb pattern!
I used 3/8" square dowels to create (3) 3" squares, spaced evenly across each drawer. I used my compound miter saw to cut my trim pieces and wood glue and my nail gun to attach them.
Then I added smaller squares that overlapped on the drawers and finally I added my diagonal pieces.
Next I painted my dresser a cream color and then gold. You can see all the details on how I painted it, and what paint I used on my blog!
I added some beautiful faux crystal knobs to the front!
And after a bit of work, I transformed this $79 Ikea dresser into something stunning, beautiful and truly custom!
And I just love how it turned out!
blogger

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
SimplyDesigning