Homemade Disposable Cleaning Wipes

$2

Do you have a place in your house where you like the convenience of those pop-up disposable cleaning wipes? For me, it's a bathroom down in our basement. It just helps to have a few cleaning shortcuts in a room that's way off in a far corner of our house.

But as much as I liked that convenience, I didn't like the price I was paying for those few little wipes in a container. My solution? Make my own!

What worked for me was to put a roll of paper toweling (a good brand like Viva or Bounty) into a 1 gallon plastic pitcher. Of course this gives you a much larger sized container than the store bought wipes but I think that's a good thing! I know this size batch will last me a lot longer than those little containers of wipes I was buying at the store.

I began by placing my roll of paper towels in the gallon container. Even though it looks like the paper toweling is just a little too big for the container, it still worked.

Update: When storing these wipes, I do put the lid back on, and the towels compress down and fit in the container very nicely.

I then soaked the paper toweling with a homemade solution using water, vinegar, dish soap, and tea tree essential oil.

Update: The amounts I use are 1-3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 tsp dish soap, and 10 drops of tea tree oil.

After it soaked for a few minutes, I could easily remove the cardboard tube from the middle and begin pulling the paper towels up from the center of the roll to use them like "pop-up" wipes.

I've been very happy with my homemade wipes so far! They were easy to make, do a great job of quick clean-ups, and are saving me money too. You can get the complete printable recipe and more details over on my blog (or you can use the "GO" button below.

Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone

• Nanou

Why my towels got moldy. I love the idea, but I was disappointed when it got very smelly of mold.

• Fullyfaith

So, you just pour water,vinegar and alcohol over your paper towels? I don't use the EO's either and was wondering....TIA

• Denise

How to remove mole from bathroom window ceil

• Bonnie

Can I clean eye glasses with this

• No, I think the vinegar in this homemade wipes solution could break down any coating on the lenses. I make my own eyeglass cleaner with equal parts water, rubbing alcohol and just a couple drops of dish soap in a spray bottle.

• Linda S

Yes I will great idea!

• Redcar

My homemade cleaning wipes consist of a roll of paper towels, fill a spray bottle with vinegar-lemon mixture. I like easy...and you don't have to worry about moisture-mold buildup.

• Ann

and just as easy or more so imo and it never seems to really run out like the wipes do!