Homemade Disposable Cleaning Wipes

Do you have a place in your house where you like the convenience of those pop-up disposable cleaning wipes? For me, it's a bathroom down in our basement. It just helps to have a few cleaning shortcuts in a room that's way off in a far corner of our house.

But as much as I liked that convenience, I didn't like the price I was paying for those few little wipes in a container. My solution? Make my own!

how to homemake disposable cleaning wipes, cleaning tips

What worked for me was to put a roll of paper toweling (a good brand like Viva or Bounty) into a 1 gallon plastic pitcher. Of course this gives you a much larger sized container than the store bought wipes but I think that's a good thing! I know this size batch will last me a lot longer than those little containers of wipes I was buying at the store.

how to homemake disposable cleaning wipes

I began by placing my roll of paper towels in the gallon container. Even though it looks like the paper toweling is just a little too big for the container, it still worked.

I then soaked the paper toweling with a homemade solution using water, vinegar, dish soap, and tea tree essential oil.

After it soaked for a few minutes, I could easily remove the cardboard tube from the middle and begin pulling the paper towels up from the center of the roll to use them like "pop-up" wipes.

I've been very happy with my homemade wipes so far! They were easy to make, do a great job of quick clean-ups, and are saving me money too. For the complete recipe and details you can visit my blog at the link below.

Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone

• Bobbi Palm

I've seen this idea before. Don't the paper towels rip apart from being wet when you pull them out?

• Maureen

Love this idea and will try it. Love the cinnamon scrub. Haven’t try any but love the idea, and going to try all.

• MIKE

WHAT IS THE RECIPE FOR THE SOLUTION???????????????

• Kay

Debbie, thank you for post link to her blog...I could not find it :/

• Can these also be used on babies behind?

• Not with vinegar or essential oil. You can use filtered water and baby soap. There are recipes all over the internet or Pinterest for it that was how I first saw this hack :)

• Cal
    Yesterday

I will use this project. Ir seems wonderful, but we need amounts for the ingredients, please.

• StLt
    30 minutes ago

"cleaning shortcuts in a room that's way off in a far corner of our house.." Far corner of the house makes it sound shameful. I think we all don't need to be ashamed that we use a product like this. I have one of these at each toilet. Please be sure to throw all used wipes in the trash and not flush them down the toilet because it's causing problems in our sewer systems.