Homemade Disposable Cleaning Wipes

$2

Do you have a place in your house where you like the convenience of those pop-up disposable cleaning wipes? For me, it's a bathroom down in our basement. It just helps to have a few cleaning shortcuts in a room that's way off in a far corner of our house.

But as much as I liked that convenience, I didn't like the price I was paying for those few little wipes in a container. My solution? Make my own!

What worked for me was to put a roll of paper toweling (a good brand like Viva or Bounty) into a 1 gallon plastic pitcher. Of course this gives you a much larger sized container than the store bought wipes but I think that's a good thing! I know this size batch will last me a lot longer than those little containers of wipes I was buying at the store.

I began by placing my roll of paper towels in the gallon container. Even though it looks like the paper toweling is just a little too big for the container, it still worked.

Update: When storing these wipes, I do put the lid back on, and the towels compress down and fit in the container very nicely.

I then soaked the paper toweling with a homemade solution using water, vinegar, dish soap, and tea tree essential oil.

Update: The amounts I use are 1-3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 tsp dish soap, and 10 drops of tea tree oil.

After it soaked for a few minutes, I could easily remove the cardboard tube from the middle and begin pulling the paper towels up from the center of the roll to use them like "pop-up" wipes.

I've been very happy with my homemade wipes so far! They were easy to make, do a great job of quick clean-ups, and are saving me money too. You can get the complete printable recipe and more details over on my blog (or you can use the "GO" button below.

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone

• Sue

What is the purpose of the tea tree oil?

• Rose

Thank you for sharing Bev. I definitely will be trying this today. Can I use peppermint oil instead of tea tree?

• Mary

Will it kill Covid 19?

• Shirley Sorrell

No.. needs a good percentage of alcohol that has 70%, or 90% alcohol in the bottle. Less water, and I prefer distilled water to reduce bacterial content.