How do I remove nail polish from my sink?

+10
Does anyone have a good remedy for removing nail polish on my bathroom sink? It's just your typical bathroom sink, nothing special. Thanks in advance!
  • Donita Meador Donita Meador on Nov 01, 2014
    You can use the same nail polish remover you use to take it off your nails. If there's a stain left behind, you might try making a paste by mixing some baking soda with the polish and letting it sit for a few minutes.
  • Dollie Read Dollie Read on Nov 02, 2014
    if it's porcelain you can use nail polish remover no problem if it's anything else I would try the same but with a Q-tip and go carefully .
  • Jill Vokey Jill Vokey on Nov 02, 2014
    Just as the other comments nail polish remover . I would use it gently though.
  • Greer Greer on Nov 02, 2014
    Just take a razor blade (if you have a paint scraper with a razor blade that will work), lay it as horizontally as you can and still hold it. Then just push it under the nail polish It should pop right off.
  • Cyndi K Cyndi K on Nov 02, 2014
    magic eraser
  • Swan Road Designs Swan Road Designs on Nov 02, 2014
    If the polish remover doesn't completely remedy the problem, go to a beauty supply store (such as Sally Beauty, etc.) and buy a small bottle of pure acetone. Try using that. Should finish off any residue left and, most likely, remove any stubborn remaining color.
  • Marion Nesbitt Marion Nesbitt on Nov 02, 2014
    Like the razor blade idea, and the acetone idea.
  • Lisa Lisa on Nov 30, 2014
    Just a follow-up, the regular nail polish on a cotton swab worked liked a charm! Thanks everyone!
  • Laila Laila on May 06, 2018
    How do you remove it without polish remover
  • Mahmoud Issa Mahmoud Issa on Jun 28, 2018
    Thanks!
    But it is so hard to remove dark colours...
    Any suggestions, please?

Maria
    University of Jordan

• Kaylee Kaylee on May 23, 2021

Hi! I'm glad I'm not the only one who made this mistake! I simply poured salt all over, let it sit for 5 minutes, sprayed it with hairspray, and scrubbed it with a spare toothbrush. It worked wonders! I used red, purple, blue, and black nail polish. Sorry if I'm a bit late. I only wish I had a remedy to wash all of it off my hands. XD

• Em Em 7 days ago

Nail polish remove should take it off of a porcelain sink without issue.