Atta Girl Amy
Atta Girl Amy
  • Greensboro, NC

Stenciled Milk Painted Children's Furniture

Lately, I've been using milk paint and handmade stencils to add some personality and charm to old furniture, mostly thrift store pieces and yard sale finds.
I bought some amazing wooden children's chair at a yard sale. They have been great canvases for my experimentation with milk paint.
I painted one chair a vibrant red. (The color is Tricycle from Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint). But I decided it needed a little something more. So, I cut a stencil out of vinyl and added a white tricycle silhouette to the chair. I love the look.
My 5-year-old is a big dinosaur fan, and I wanted to paint a chair for his room. I used an old Sinclair Oil advertising sign as my inspiration. I painted the chair in Tavern Green milk paint, then stenciled a dinosaur image in white on the seat and added his name in red on the back.
I did a more faithful rendering of the Sinclair Oil dinosaur on a wooden stool I found at a garage sale. I made a stencil of the logo and painted it red and white. I just love how the milk paint chips off in places, giving these pieces an authentic aged look.
For more details on how I completed these projects and the materials I used, visit my blog at www.attagirlsays.com
stenciled milk painted children s furniture, garages, painted furniture
Atta Girl Amy

• BrushStrokes

I love the Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint. For anyone living in the South, you may be interested that Miss Mustard Seed is coming to Roswell, Georgia to teach a workshop on how to use her Milk Paint. March 16. www.brushstrokesbymaryanne.com

• Kathy @ Petticoat Junktion

I love all the chairs Amy. The dinosaur is really cute.