Creating a Bed Nook

When we first came to see our current house last year I was enthralled with all the nooks in the house - or what could easily be turned into nooks and knew that I wanted to create a bed nook in one of the ( very tiny ) guest rooms. Because only one side could actually be considered a nook - I created one on the other side using a duvet cover ( turned into a curtain )
Very luckily for me a double bed fit almost to perfection inside.
Very unluckily for my husband the box spring would NOT go up the small winding staircase ( we cut the box spring in half and reassembled it in place - you can see how we did that on the blog post )
This tiny room was more work than anything else I've done in the house so far - BUT I'm really loving the end result.
I know making the bed will be a nightmare - but it's a guest room - so I won't be making it daily ( and I'll just bite the bullet and do it when I have to lol )
Because the room is ultra tiny I decided to keept it white - using black and grey as accent colors.
More photos on the blog.
Duvet cover as curtain - pillow sham as window " blind "
I didn't cut or sew anything ( just in case I change my mind and want to use the set for a bed again )
Because there's no room for an end table - I installed 2 reading lamps over each side of the bed - purchased at Ikea and a steal at 8.99 each
The bed skirt was creating by stapling a piece of drop cloth right to the bed slats underneath - ( I couldn't imagine trying to fix THAT in a nook )
Here's a photo of how it looked when we came to see the house - a little cozier now, isn't it?
The End.

3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Everything Red For Canada Day
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Simply Vintageous...by Suzan