Lisa Marie W
Lisa Marie W
  • Pittsburgh, PA

Halltree: Coat Hook/Chalkboard Bench

$20.00

We just moved into a 900 sq ft house, we don't have a closet on the main floor and no where to hang our coats etc. My neighbor was throwing these doors away and my husband found the table next to the dumpster when we moved from our townhouse. I had everything else (hooks and knobs) in boxes for years. This is what I came up with.
how to create a coat hook chalkboard bench, chalkboard paint, repurposing upcycling, shelving ideas, storage ideas
I'm very pleased with the end result.
I sprayed the door and table base with white Gloss valspar premium finish micromist spray paint and the table top with Black valspar semi-gloss spray paint with a coat of clear gloss polyurethane. I rolled 3 coats of Valspar Chalkboard paint for the panels, Sprayed the knobs and hooks with black gloss spray paint. I had an old vanity bench cushion that I recovered with plaid flannel fabric. the chalk holder is an old vintage drawer pull, just mounted upside down. All for under $20.00
I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I wanted to give it a try.