Janet D
Janet D
  • Raleigh, NC
Asked on Sep 1, 2012

On the weekend gardner program in Raleigh, NC I heard a man say he used something for his brown patch on the fescu lawn.

TJB-INC Landscape ContractorDouglas HuntJanet D
+1

Would anyone know what the product is?

NC State recommends Insignia, Heritage, ProStar and SysStar. See this evaluation: http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/plantpath/extension/fact_sheets/Turfgrass_-_Managing_Brown_Patch_in_Tall_Fescue_Landscapes.htm

• Janet D

Thank you very much. I will have to read it. I do appreciate it.

You're most welcome, Janet. Good luck with that problem.

• Doug has made a great recommendation for you but many of the treatment products are restricted use pesticides and in many states you will need to be a licensed certified applicator in order to purchase them. I would suggest you Google brown patch and learn what causes it and make environments site changes to prevent an outbreak for next year. If you have damage now, overseed with a resistant species of grass. Turd fungicides are best when applied before the problem happens than trying to cure a problem. If you are unsure on what to do, call a local licensed lawn treatment company to assist you. To purchase products and seed, look for a local outlet of John Deere Landscape Supply. They will be able to better direct you on a plan of attack to solve the problems you have with your turf.