Plaster of Paris Paint... I had to try it!

We had a scabby old dresser that didn't owe us anything. It seemed like a low risk adventure! We made a backplate out of an old board and found a wooden decorative piece in an box of spare parts. The recipe we used was 5TBS. plaster of Paris mixed with 2TBS. water added to 2cups of paint. We got a bit aggressive with the sanding back, I may go lighter next time.
The knobs are end caps salvaged from some metal rods that we had in the basement.
chalk paint i had to try it the homemade version, chalk paint, painted furniture
Cynthia Weber @ A Button Tufted Life...

• Barbara Ann

I have read so many versions of chalkpaint. Your's sounds easy. I appreciate everyone who has ever shared their trials error's. I think I will be busy this summer. I have collected and held on to too many pieces. They need to move on. I will whip this mixture up and start painting.

• Patricia W

Beautiful!!! Ive been doing a variety of DIY chalkpaints, which Im calling Paris Paint because I use Plaster of Paris. It is so much fun to make beautiful colors and save a ton of money! I think it is just a good as the expensive chalk paint, and twice as nice!