Good combo

I am really groovin on this color combination. What do ya'll think? I sure wish they were hardy here in zone 7b
Strobilanthus (Persian Shield) and Blue Plumbago

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

@Liliana Wells Just to be sure we are talking about the same Blue Plumbago. The one in the picture is a subtropical bush-like and feels 'sticky' to the touch. (Plumbago auriculata). It is not hardy for us here in zone 7b, not sure about it for you. Anyway that one can be grown either in a container or in the ground , and does not require any vine support because it is a bush that gets somewhere around 2-3 feet tall. There is another plant called hardy plumbago also called leadwort (Ceratostigma plumbaganoides) that is a perennial which does back down to the ground every year for us, but has a great red leaf color in the fall. It is more of a ground cover, only getting about a foot high The blooms are an electric blue. It doesn't require support either. You could put it in a pot but I think it would do much better in the ground. http://www.waysidegardens.com/product.aspx?p=48437&utm_source=pricegrabber&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=cse_pricegrabber&CA_6C15C=1339035240

• Liliana Wells

Hi, Donna – the plant has a tag after all. It says “Cape leadwort”. On the net some people refer to it as “blueplumbago”. But here again I readconflicting accounts of its care, except they all say it needs full sun. My neighbor says that when she bought herslast year, there was no tag. However,hers is a shrub and it survived the winter. However, we did not much cold last winter. I am going to plant mine near a fence. If it is climbing it will be in place forstaking. And if it isn’t, it will stillbe a good place. I always read yourcomments since you are in Buford. Thetemperatures between Buford and Jackson are about 2 to 5 degrees apart. I am considered to be in zone 8. Thanks again for your advice. I will take a picture if my little plant survives.