Lina D
Lina D
  • Phoenix, AZ

DIY Herringbone Pattern Accent Wall Using Tape

Most of our home was this same beige color, Riviera Beach by Behr specifically. It’s a nice neutral, but to have all the rooms this color is super boring! I decided I wanted one colorful wall so I bought some white paint, tape, and used a few sample colors to create this fun herringbone design.
diy herringbone pattern accent wall using tape, diy, painting, wall decor
I love waking up to this cute cheerful wall each morning!!
diy herringbone pattern accent wall using tape, diy, painting, wall decor, Before Pic Boring Beige Wall
Before Pic: Boring Beige Wall
We started off by measuring the middle of the wall and using a laser level to tape it off vertically using Frog Tape. We then found the center again on both sides and repeated the process. I also taped off the ceiling and the sides of the wall.
We then measured every 9 inches and made marks on the tape from top to bottom. You then just use those marks to tape off your herringbone pattern. I’m not gonna lie, this was very time consuming! :)
We have textured walls, so I really tried to use my nail and ran it along the edges to make sure the tape was sealed. Also washing the walls before hand getting rid of all the dust helps the tape stick better.
Lina D

• Muriel J Moore

Are the angles an optical illusion or are some lines on an angle? I like the look, and like another reader would probably have filled in too many rectangles with colour Your look is great.