A Cattail Concrete Fireplace Mantel I created by Sand-Casting

Sand-Casting is a very affordable method to create art and sculpture for Garden Rooms, etc. Plus it is lots of fun and you DO NOT Need a Model and your Mold is cheap and reusable sand!
Finished Cattail Concrete Sand-Cast Mantel
My sand-mold for Concrete Mantel.
My sand-mold for Concrete Mantel.
Sand-Casting is lots of fun, but it helps if you should be a wee bit bassakkardz :) You have to create everything in reverse of your finished piece. So think ...upside-down and bakkardz! ;)

• Shirley Fee

That is great, but how would you attach it to the wall, construction adhesive?

• Originals by Rhonda

Sharron it is the cheapest way to create anything! Sand and Portland Cemet are Cheap :)) I've been single for 25 plus years ...I have learned to be frugal :/

• Laurali M

unbelievably beautiful. I don't have a fireplace, but I can think of so many ways to use this technique