How to Make a Christmas Bow

I love anything with a bow. So Christmas time has me happy happy! Here is a very easy tutorial on how to make a Christmas bow.
Start with wired ribbon. Good ribbon makes a good bow!
The first step is to cut a piece of the ribbon 7" to 8" long. Fold in half. I like to add a dab of hot glue to keep my ribbon in place. Once glue is dry, set aside ribbon.
This bow has four loops. One of the key ingredients in having a gorgeous bow, is keeping your loops all the same size. Your first loop is your pattern.
Make your second loop on the opposite side, and make sure it is the same size as your first loop.
Repeat this process adding two more loops. Now, take a look and see how your bow is turning out. This is the time to make adjustments.
Now use your piece of folded ribbon to tie bow in the middle, very very tightly! This is key to a beautiful bow.
Hello! Now you have a beautiful bow!

Jennifer Decorates

• Judith Wyatt

How long is the piece of ribbon that you made the loops with? Is the first piece of ribbon used only for tying the bow? Thanks!

• Cheryl

I wondered the same thing! It’s almost as if there’s a step or two in there that are missing. I followed her link to her blog and there’s a video to watch; much easier to follow! She basically unwinds a roll of ribbon until she reaches her desired amount of loops. Hope this helps!