Book Tree

$0

Finally it's November, Halloween is over and I can start to shower you with Christmas tutorials. Throughout the last month, I had to restrain myself, not to unpack my entire Christmas decoration. Although I am still early, the early bird catches the worm and so I already have this tutorial for you on how to make this beautiful tree decoration with a branch and a book.
how to make a book tree christmas decor, christmas decorations, crafts, how to, seasonal holiday decor
Finished book tree.
Materials and tools: A cutter knife, a pencil, a Hardcover book, glue or tape, scissors, triangle ruler, a filled hot glue gun...
...a saw and a tree branch.
First you need to carefully separate the hardcover from the book. It is very important that you leave the glue that holds the pages together intact! With two simple sections the book cover should come off.
With a pen you must now draw the outline of the tree on the first page of the book. The left side should be the side of the book, which is glued. On the right side you should have the loose pages.
Everything that does not belong to the drawing must be cut off. Next I opened the book, fanned it and taped the first page of the book to the last page.
With a saw the trunk of the tree is quickly sawn off...
... and all that's left is to glue the book onto the piece of wood with hot glue. I can well imagine that it also looks great when you arrange several book trees in different sizes and on a dresser to a small forest.
If you like to see more of my projects just visit my blog :-)
Ronja Lotte

• Z

Mines not working the glue must be to thick or maybe the book is? What can I do?