Jim G
Jim G
  • Suffolk, VA

Liriope - Seeds? Propagating for new plants

I've cut some of the flower stems from the Liriope plants growing along the fence behind the pool. (Trying Mondo Grass along the edges, but I THINK Rabbits are eating the Mondo Grass leaves!) Anyway, "I dgeress".... Are the GREEN balls SEEDS?
Flowers from Liriope (Note GREEN balls - are these the plants seeds?)     IF the green ball is NOT the seed,  1) what is it?    2) How do I get the seed from after the flowers start to die?
Flowers from Liriope (Note GREEN balls - are these the plants seeds?) IF the green ball is NOT the seed, 1) what is it? 2) How do I get the seed from after the flowers start to die?
close up of green balls on the cut flower stems     IF the green ball is NOT the seed,  1) what is it?    2) How do I get the seed from after the flowers start to die?
close up of green balls on the cut flower stems IF the green ball is NOT the seed, 1) what is it? 2) How do I get the seed from after the flowers start to die?
flowers on the plant
flowers on the plant
close up of flowers and green balls on the flower stems.   IF the green ball is NOT the seed,  1) what is it?    2) How do I get the seed from after the flowers start to die?
close up of flowers and green balls on the flower stems. IF the green ball is NOT the seed, 1) what is it? 2) How do I get the seed from after the flowers start to die?

• HTE262985

I HAVE PLNTS GROWING FROM THE GREEN SEED THAT ARE STILLATTACHED TO THE FLOWERING STEM. IS THIS A REGUALR OCCURANCE. i NEVER SAW THIS BEFORE.

I don't think it's a regular occurrence. Perhaps you could post a photo.