Donna Jean O
Donna Jean O
  • Port Saint Lucie, FL
Asked on Sep 2, 2012

glass shower doors

Barbara ValentiDonna Jean OMiriam I
+3

Can anyone tell me how to go about removing these shower doors without pulling the tile with it? I hate them! one is a 1/2 shower standup shower and the other is a full bath. Thanks
Donna
  • 3po3

Can you post photos? What are you trying to replace them with? Are you trying to remove the entire assembly? Sorry to answer your question with questions, but I'm not sure what you need.

• Donna Jean O

Hello Steve. I cannot post pictures yet..the home loan has'nt been signed yet, hopefully next week. I just hate glass shower doors, so I want to take it out and take the runner off and just put a regular shower curtain up..the shower area is tiled, so I didn't know if they have to come off also... Thank you for your potential help!

• 3po3

The tile shouldn't have to come off. You should be able to remove the door, then detach the frame. However, have you tried using the shower yet? Are you sure it won't spray water all over the floor if there is no glass door there?

• Miriam I

Donna Jean, someone asked that exact question and there is some great info on this thread: http://www.hometalk.com/138845/removing-glass-shower-doors Hope that helps. Congrats on your new house!

• Donna Jean O

Good Question Steve...I'll check it out next time I get over there. Miriam, thanks so much for the info....just getting really for all the stuff that has to be done! Have a great week.

• Barbara Valenti

I have done it very easy. There are screws in those strips, at least most of them, unscrew if needed. I used a widget to scrap away the silicone holding the strips, then gradually with a flathead screw driver pry it up. There are many dissolvable products that you can use also. Easy does it. I then installed a shower curtain and rod. Looked amazing and much cleaner. Good luck!