DIY Glitter Glazed Jars - An Upcycle Project

After building quite a collection of empty salsa and pasta sauce jars, I knew the time had come to do something with them or put them in the recycling bin. I figured out a way to give them a beautiful glitter sheen, and turned them into a lovely Thanksgiving decoration that can be easily transformed for Christmas or any other occasion!
First I removed the labels from my jars and thoroughly washed them with soap and water.
Next, I made a mixture of Mod Podge and metallic glitter paint, and swirled that inside of each jar.
I put the jars upside down to let the excess Mod Podge and paint mixture drain out, and then I let the jars dry for approximately 18 hours.
Once dry, they had a beautiful sheen and sparkle!
I embellished them with some twine, paper letters that spell "GATHER" and faux flowers. The letters are attached with clothespins so they can be removed quickly and easily for a new look!
They will be the perfect addition to my holiday table, and they'll look amazing at Christmastime with some battery-operated tea lights inside!
For more information on products used and my process, please visit my blog post below!

Bre @ Average But Inspired

• Debbie Fontenot

Cute idea..You could also use a hole punch to make a hole at the top of each tag and run the twine through the hole if you don't have the clothes pins.

• Kathy Kovacev

So cute.