Katie Nathey
Katie Nathey
  • Alpharetta, GA

Custom Wall Art With Wood Slices

It's no secret that I love using elements of nature in our home, so when a tree fell in our backyard a few months ago I decided to upcycle some of the branches into some custom wall art for our dining room. You can view the full post and tutorial over on my blog.
how to make custom wall art with wood slices, crafts, wall decor, woodworking projects
Modern Rustic DIY Art
Our neighbor's tree fell in our backyard a few months ago, but he was more than happy to let us keep some of the branches. Some of those were used for this project and others were saved for future projects.
DIY Wood Slice Wall Art for the Dining Room
DIY Wood Slice Art
DIY Wood Slice Art
I taped off sections to paint different colors onto the wood slices.
DIY Wood Slice Art
I stained a piece of plywood, glued the painted slices onto it and then built and attached a simple frame.
Modern Rustic DIY Art
Modern Rustic DIY Art
Update: The wood slice art has since been moved into my new office nook.

Katie Nathey

• Casey Gragg

I live in Houston and had to cut a dead tree down, our tree service offered to haul it all away. I said NO, being the crazy crafter that I am I see tons on things that can be done with it. My motto reuse, recycle, refurbish and by all means resell ) I love what you did. I also live close to the Gulf so I have access to Driftwood and I fill my truck every time I go. I'm new here, soon I will learn to post my goodies. Casey

• Lori

Very striking on the wall. What a great way to make wall art - love it!