Antique Dough Bowl Turned Coffee Table

Growing up, my parents had an antique dough bowl that was hand-carved and used by my great, great, grandmother. I always loved it's unique quality and imperfections. I've long wanted one for myself and when I came across this large one at an antique yard, I couldn't resist! Once I got it home, I realized it was so large I wasn't sure what to do with it! So, I turned it into a coffee table!
We started with the old bowl and then added some vintage iron mid-century hairpin legs found on eBay.
We cut some plexi-glass for the top and we were ready to go! We left the plexi-glass unattached in case we wanted to use the bowl at some point to display something.
I absolutely love how it turned out!
It was a super-easy project, but it packs a lot of rustic style!

15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Lindsay Jackman

• Nancy
    Nancy

I noted that the plexiglass can break into sharp pieces. Can plexiglass be sanded to smooth out edges?
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen

I have a huge antique dough bowl like you pictured. This will be perfect. How and where did you obtain the legs
  • Ach22017000
    Ach22017000

What is the large piece under the plexiglass?

• Betty Hoeffner
    Betty Hoeffner

I have one of those. I love what you did. Where did you buy the legs and about how much did it cost?
  • Gail
    Gail

It turned out absolutely beautiful! I love wooden bowls, utensils, plates, cups and anything wooden or stone. It has an earthy beauty.