Brooke N
Brooke N
  • Lake Jackson, TX

Tilt Out Trash Cabinet from Salvaged Shutter

After my dogs learned how to pop the lid off my trash can, I decided it was time to come up with another solution. I found Ana White's tilt-out trash cabinet online and bought the lumber for it without realizing that the door wasn't in the supply list! I had some old bifold doors I'd removed and was cutting up, and the bottom portion was the perfect size to use for the door. I popped on a handle and now I have a very pretty little cabinet to hide my trashcan in. And the best part? It's fully dog-proofed!
Trash Cabinet Shutter Front
Trash Cabinet Shutter Front
Trash cabinet open
Trash cabinet open
tilt out trash cabinet from salvaged shutter, doors, kitchen cabinets, woodworking projects
Brooke N

• Ashley

DID you use any special hardware inside for tension so cabinet doesn’t just fall to floor?

• Ashley

DId you use any special hardware inside toprevent door from just falling to floor?