The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett
The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett
  • Jacksonville, NC

Faux Pumpkin Planter

Each year, I buy a few extra real pumpkins to carve and use as planters, with a plastic insert to make them last longer. But, at the vest best, they only lasted about week. Around here, the cost of pumpkins has sky-rocketed so I tried to think of an alternative. It occurred to me one day that I could use faux pumpkins just as easy. For this project, I chose a white Casper pumpkin. *(design tip: use the
You can use any color or size faux pumpkin, and best of all they are water proof for easy watering.
Here are some of the supplies you will need...
Basic flowers from the garden center.  I used fresh ivy cuttings from my garden.
Basic flowers from the garden center. I used fresh ivy cuttings from my garden.
Here is another planter decorated with spider stickers and planted with "dead" flowers, cobwebs and glittered black stems with bats.
The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett