Rachael
Rachael
  • Clayton, IN

DIY Hand-painted Silhouettes

A quick, less-than-ten-step method for creating custom hand-painted silhouettes for the whole family! An inexpensive way to spruce up a wall with some charming home decor.
See the instructions at The Rehomesteaders' Blog at: http://therehomesteaders.blogspot.com/2012/09/diy-hand-painted-silhouettes.html
Hand-painted silhouettes for the whole family!
After tracing the subject's profile on the canvas board, it's just a matter of painting in the lines.
Add names to each silhouette by either free-handing it or cutting and tracing a print out.
Finished product!
Finished product!
Enjoy!
Enjoy!
Rachael

• Rachael

How ironic--I am from Lincoln, NE (I see you're in Blair, NE)! Jewell is about 45 mins north of Des Moines off I-35 (do you know where Story City is?). We actually live a bit south of it in the country but it is a fun little town!

• Z

Now that's crazy. We're heading to Lincoln tomorrow to pick up something I ordered from an unfinished furniture store there. And yes, I know where Story City is. My hubby's brother and family lived there at one time. Small world. My hubby's family still lives in and around Des Moines.