Six Fantastic Fall Flowers to Plant in Your Garden

The crispness in the air, the orange and gold hues, the fanciful fall decorations are welcoming signs that fall is here (or at least almost). Just because fall is right around the corner doesn’t mean you have to hang up those gardening gloves yet. How about adding some hardy fall flowers to your garden landscape too? Below is my suggestions for six fantastic fall flowers to plant in your garden.
I admit, some of my annuals are starting to look a little sad right now. Once I get out the fall decorations, I like to change my some of my flowers too so everything blends properly with all the orange, gold and brown tones. I love when my flower colors coordinate.
Don’t be fooled, fall is a wonderful time for planting. Yes, the days are shorter and the nights cooler but there are several flowers that like the cooler temperatures and tolerate the seasonal changes that occur in autumn. Halloween / fall is now the second biggest decorating holiday of the year next to Christmas. So go ahead, spruce up those gardens and celebrate the beautiful autumn season nature has to offer.
HERE ARE SIX FANTASTIC FALL FLOWERS TO PLANT YOUR GARDEN.
Mums (Chrysanthemums) –
This classic fall flower is synonymous with fall. I just love their fragrance. They come in variety of warm colors like rust, red, oranges and yellows and usually bloom for about three weeks depending on how hot or cold your climate is.
Asters -
Asters add superb color in the autumn. Plants are very durable flower in a wide range of brighter colors like pink, purple, white and red.
Winter Pansies -
Plant these beauties and get a jump on your spring planting. Plant and enjoy their flowers now and again in the spring. Yes, they winter over and will come back!
Montauk Daisies –
Who doesn’t love daisies. These perennial beauties bloom late summer to early fall and will come back year after year. They produce beautiful large white flowers.
Fall Rudbeckia –
Widely known as the black-eyed susan, These bright yellow gems will brighten your day. There are both perennial and annual varieties of Rudbeckia. Fall Rudbeckia is the annual variety and will not come back in the spring.
Flowering Cabbage-
Just as the name suggests, these plants look like a colorful cabbage. While there is really no “flower” to the flowering cabbage, these colorful plants are frost resistant and very long-lasting. They are the longest lasting of the fall flowers, usually until Thanksgiving and sometimes even longer depending on your climate zone.
So you see, there are plenty of fall flower options to jazz up your flower beds. Fall decorating is fun and oh so popular right now. Head on out to your local garden center and see what’s in stock. I bet you will be surprised at all the beautiful plants you can find this time of year. Did you start decorating for fall yet? Happy fall! Happy planting!

The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Melissa Russo