The New Vintage
The New Vintage
  • Canada

Not So Average Dresser

This is perhaps my quirkiest furniture makeover yet. The inspiration all started with the funky green color I discovered in the mistint paint aisle of my all time favorite paint store, Benjamin Moore. So I bought this paint and I knew right away that wherever this paint is used, the end result will be funky, bold and risky. Sounds like fun eh? It didn’t take me long to decide which piece of furniture in my
benjamin moore paint dresser makeover, painted furniture
I decided that since the green is so overpowering, white might be a good pairing color. Initially, I was going to do the drawers all green. But as I was stenciling the subway art one drawer at a time, out of nowhere an idea came to me to reverse the color in the middle drawer. So here it is a green/white funky dresser with Shakespeare inspired subway art
I know this is not everyone’s cup of tea so I will not be offended if you dislike my dresser. Personally, I had a lot of fun just letting my creativity went wild. It was very liberating to do something different just once in a blue moon. I highly recommend you give it a try. Mind you I would NEVER dare to try this on a high end, exquisite, expensive, antique... (you get what I mean) furniture.
The New Vintage

• Dee

I guess "destroyed" is in the eye of the beholder. It really was a great dresser before, but now it's something she loves and wants to use. I'd call that a win.

• Shira

This has me grinning from ear to ear! I love it all, the saying, the colors, the lining...great job!