Dry Ice Display for Halloween

I love having fun with holiday decorations, and there's no better time to do it than at Halloween! I was given the chance to play around with some dry ice for trick or treat this year and decided that I had the perfect use for all of the plastic pumpkins I somehow acquired.
I filled the pumpkins about 3/4 full with hot water. Using long tongs, I placed a piece of dry ice in each pumpkin.
There was a lovely bubbling and fog effect instantly.
It was a really windy Halloween here, which made it a bit frustrating, but it was still a lot of fun. The foggy pumpkins were a big hit in the neighborhood. When the fog started wearing off, I just added another piece.
The dry ice was an easy way to make our Halloween display extra fun this year!

3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Albion

• Robin Coleman Babbie
    Robin Coleman Babbie

How often does the dry ice need to be added

• Sandra Pieper
      Sandra Pieper

It depends on the size of the chunks you put in which depends on the size of the container you decide to use, of course. I usually use a caldron that's 3 or 4 times the size of the plastic pumpkins with at least a 6" cube size chunk of ice. As I recall it was good for a couple hours. It's worth a test run to be sure If it's for a really special event.
  • Myra Rodriguez
    Myra Rodriguez

where do you buy dry ice? and is it expensive? I've never seen it sold anywhere.

• Sandra Pieper
      Sandra Pieper

Some grocery stores carry it or will order it for you. Best to call super markets that are near you.
  • Ter29146186
    Ter29146186

Does the dry ice melt/deform the plastic pumpkin

• Vicky
    Vicky

Love the witch's cauldron idea!

• Vickie
    Vickie

We live in a rural area and line our driveway each year with candles inside jars or under lamp chimneys to give the kids a runway to come down. It is pretty dark and with the porch light only we had kids running into trees and bushes and falling in ditches, etc. They love the candles and I think these pumpkins close by so they can see the "smoke" will add a great touch to our runway. Even the parents love the idea of having the exact area to walk lit up plus it adds to the whole being in the dark spookiness can't wait to add these smokin' pumpkins!! Thanks for the great idea.