Susan S
Susan S
  • Fredericksburg, VA

TESTIMONIAL: AGING WOOD INSTANTLY!!

A couple of weeks ago Jeanette (Homa Style) posted how to instantly age new wood and turn it into beautiful aged grey barn wood look. Well, I tried it and it worked!!
1) I scarffed this from my husband's side of the garage, initially thinking it would make a good cutting board.  NOT - it's pine and I figured it would ooze sap . . . .so it sat until this idea came along.
First step - a coating of tea
1) I scarffed this from my husband's side of the garage, initially thinking it would make a good cutting board. NOT - it's pine and I figured it would ooze sap . . . .so it sat until this idea came along. First step - a coating of tea
2) Meanwhile, tea is drying and the vinegar & 0000 steel wool  mixture was aging. This is w/ a coat of the vinegar.
2) Meanwhile, tea is drying and the vinegar & 0000 steel wool mixture was aging. This is w/ a coat of the vinegar.
3) Decided to add a second coat of vinegar.
4) And this is how it turned out now that it's all dried. Now I just have to learn how to use my wood burning kit so I can make a really cool sign!!

• Sandy

what is the mixture ratio? and can you only use this on pine?