Make Your Own Odor Absorber / Air Freshener

If you have a musty smelling closet, stinky bathroom or pets, then this tip is for you! In some spaces in our home, it seems like no matter how often I clean, there is still a musty odor or smell. We have animals, so this is pretty normal, but I still don't like it. So, I decided to make a few odor absorbers to stick around the house in the areas where smells tend to linger...my son's bathroom, the room where the cat litter box is, and my closet...just to keep them smelling fresh! These little things work wonders, and are cute too!
You will need some small jars with lids, baking soda and essential oils of your choice. I chose lavender and lemon oils.
Trace the jar lid on some pretty paper of your choice. Cut it out.
Put your baking soda into the jar, then add the essential oils. You can find the exact amounts on my blog using the link below!
Place the paper circle you cut out in the lid ring instead of using the metal lid, then twist it on. Shake your mixture really well...
Then poke holes in the paper lid.
Place in any space that you want to rid of odors! The baking soda will absorb the odors and the essential oils will leave a nice scent in the air!

Mom4Real

• Terry Macy

I have more of a comment. I LOVE this idea but am hoping you would be willing to mention to please do your research on essential oils as they can be dangerous if not used probably. I recently read a list of oils that are toxic to pets. They do not have to eat or drink them-merely inhaling can be toxic. I have many pets so can relate to the odors and look forward to trying this out, with an oil safe for everyone!

• Linda Trudel

Yes they do and I use them all the time I have 5 dogs and many cats.

I've never had an issue with Young Living!

• Dolores Dee Hughes

Do you know if it would work on cigarette odor? Also do you know if a drop or two of food color would harm the effect of the Baking soda absorbing the odor, because I think that color would make it look prettier if you need to have it out in the open.
    • Judy O'Brien

Set out shallow dishes of white vinegar before a party and after. It is good in the kitchen when cooking fish and other smelly food. I leave it overnight in an out of the way place and come back in the morning to a much cleaner smelling room.

• Donna

What can be used for fragrance in place of essential oils?

• Susan Palmer

Add crushed citrus peel, lavender flower heads or a strong smelling candy such as Parma violet.