Make Your Own Odor Absorber / Air Freshener

848K Views
If you have a musty smelling closet, stinky bathroom or pets, then this tip is for you! In some spaces in our home, it seems like no matter how often I clean, there is still a musty odor or smell. We have animals, so this is pretty normal, but I still don't like it. So, I decided to make a few odor absorbers to stick around the house in the areas where smells tend to linger...my son's bathroom, the room where the cat litter box is, and my closet...just to keep them smelling fresh! These little things work wonders, and are cute too!
  • make your own odor absorber air freshener, cleaning tips, closet
You will need some small jars with lids, baking soda and essential oils of your choice. I chose lavender and lemon oils.
Trace the jar lid on some pretty paper of your choice. Cut it out.
Put your baking soda into the jar, then add the essential oils. You can find the exact amounts on my blog using the link below!
Place the paper circle you cut out in the lid ring instead of using the metal lid, then twist it on. Shake your mixture really well...
Then poke holes in the paper lid.
Place in any space that you want to rid of odors! The baking soda will absorb the odors and the essential oils will leave a nice scent in the air!

Suggested materials for this project:

Mom4Real