Slipcovers... Dress up your mess! A truly ugly table and chairs gets a new lease on life for a formal dining room.

I had a request to post about slipcovers after a client saw what I had done in our dining room. We built a house a few years back and it had a formal dining room. We knew we wanted to do a lot of entertaining and the space needed to be aesthetically pleasing and functional. Oh, and we didn't have the budget for a new dining room suite... I decided to have a custom slipcover made for a very ugly kitchen extension table and matching ones for a set of box store parsons chairs. I used a plain butter coloured linen and for interest added self piping and box pleating to the chairs.
The table slipcover was a bit more challenging as I needed it to be floor length ( to fully cover the UGLY table!) but still be able to get chairs pushed in and out for dining. The solution was to have overlapping panels cut into the drop to accommodate the chairs being pushed in. It has turned into a very relaxing and pleasing space to sit and enjoy good food and good friends!

For more photos see the whole post here http://cynthiaweber.com/slipcovers-dress-up-your-mess/
After with slipcovers
Ugly table and chairs before
detail of piping and chair tie

Cynthia Weber @ A Button Tufted Life...