Diane S
Diane S
  • Wantagh, NY

Made a Storage/Shelf With Plastic Crates for Daughters Room for $16

I found these small plastic crates at the store Five Below for just $2 a piece.
They connect together with a small peg and hole and a snap on the sides.
To hang, I simply drilled a hole in the bottom of each crate, used an anchor and screw to attach to the wall and Viola! I would also recommend using a large flat metal washer behind the screw, since the plastic can crack, it will also add stability.
3 step storage solution, bedroom ideas, shelving ideas, storage ideas, Finished shelf
Finished shelf
3 step storage solution, bedroom ideas, shelving ideas, storage ideas, individual crate
individual crate
3 step storage solution, bedroom ideas, shelving ideas, storage ideas, Connected crates
Connected crates
3 step storage solution, bedroom ideas, shelving ideas, storage ideas, hole drilled in bottom
hole drilled in bottom
3 step storage solution, bedroom ideas, shelving ideas, storage ideas, added large metal washer for stability
added large metal washer for stability.
Finished shelf
3 step storage solution, bedroom ideas, shelving ideas, storage ideas
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 17, 2018 10:58 PM - More info

• How did you connect the bins to each other?

• Tori

How did you get them level?

• Crystal Thursby

What is the size of each crate? Also, where did you find them that fit so well by snapping together? Oh my. I'm having a difficult time finding any around for $2. This is absolutely perfect I'm thinking 3 baskets above and 3 baskets down one side and 3 baskets down another and place a mirror in the middle? For an 8 year old, may have to do 4 to get the heighth necessary, I'll wait to hear the size of the baskets, great great idea!! Thanks so much.

• Mary M

I have the plastic crates for grandkids and they are just stacked/piled! I'll going to attach to wall now. Thanks for inspiring me!

• Katie

So cute! And decorative neat! Love it!