Atta Girl Amy
Atta Girl Amy
  • Greensboro, NC

How to get gross smells out of old furniture

Actually, the better title might be, "How do you get the 'dead' smell out of furniture?
But don't call the cops on me; this question came from the cops, a CSI friend of mine.
She wrote: "You can imagine that crime scene investigators like me get interesting questions. However, tonight's, though forensically sound, is more appropriate for my Atta Girls. Neighbor: "How do you get the smell of 'dead' out
how to get gross smells out of old furniture, cleaning tips, garages, painted furniture
Atta Girl Amy

• Judi

How to get odor of chest of drawers?

• Dfm

well, is the deceased still present? if so, put on disposable gloves if you got'em or baggie you hand to remove. for a wooden piece....if the wood has not been sealed with paint or varnish, baking soda or small granular kitty litter. leave in place until odor is gone. if the wood has been sealed paint or varnish- odo ban worked the best for me.

• Mary jane

I bought a maple type hutch that was adorable but the smell was over the top. Someone told me to wash it with vodka and I did with some cheap vodka. It did help a lot and once I painted it was okay. Someone told me to take freshly cut grass and lay it in the drawers and close it up for a week. The chlorphyl works on the odor.

• Lin25876905

Soft furniture wax such as Briwax brushed onto untreated areas of the wood & banana peel soaked in turps & stored for a few days under affected softer furnishings or whole rooms (an old used car sales tip).