Ideas for my Home's Entrance

Our home is on a wooded hill facing a beautiful northern lake. So, the lakeside is the "front" door. Now, what to do with my "back" door which really is the entrance guests use. It is very plan as you can see from this photo. I'm thinking a pergola with side handrail? Any ideas??
Our "back" but guest entranceway.  Please let me know what you think would work at a reasonable price.  Would like a cabin/cottage theme.
Our "back" but guest entranceway. Please let me know what you think would work at a reasonable price. Would like a cabin/cottage theme.
Here is a better view.
Here is a better view.

• Z

I'm with Steve's idea now that I've seen you have a large gabled roof.

• Ellen Beener

I think you need a covered porch in that side of the house with the door slightly off to one side. The porch can be 8 feet long and 4 feet wide. The you can decorate it with large potted plants a chair for taking off boots. Don't forget the a good outdoor rug to wipe feet off. most wood comes in 4'x8'. Or you can use stone or slate or the porch floor .