SANDRA K
SANDRA K
  • Lorain, OH
Asked on Sep 8, 2012

I know I've seen the answer to my question awhile back, but how can you clean the dishwasher racks, top & bottom?

DfmDshanbromCentsably Creative
+6

Will be putting the house on the market soon & the dishwasher is in good condition otherwise.
  • 3po3

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but this thread should answer your question: http://www.hometalk.com/477760/how-to-clean-your-dishwasher

• Dominique R

What is not listed in the link above is Tang. Just fill up your cup(s) with Tang- it is pretty amazing what this beverage can do to the internals of a dishwasher. Smells good too!

• 3po3

Dominique, do you have to buy Tang from astronauts on Ebay or can you actually still find it in regular stores.

• Terri J

I also saw where lemonade mix put where your soap would normally go does an excellent job. Just make sure it is the real lemonade w/ citrus in it. I have never personally used it, but have seen the results - looked like new again,

• Dominique R

Hi Steve- that is a good question :)- I'd start with Wal-Mart tho... since I have a new dishwasher (just completed a kitchen for our new 300 year old home), so haven't had a need for it.

• Capernius

what about vinegar? I still do dishes the old fashioned way, so I don't know if this would work or not....

• Centsably Creative

Throw a cup or two of vinegar in the bottom and turn it on. also there is a product made by boost that works really well. walmart carries it near the rinse agents. not cheap though.

• Dshanbrom

Lowes sells diswasher cleaning tablets meant to do exactly what you want.
  • Dfm

2 tbs. of Citrice acid..found in the canning isle..in one of the dispensers.