Taunnie
Taunnie
  • Sandy, UT

Progress Report

I tried painting just the cabinet box green and leaving the doors cream (both with the same brown glaze) but that looked a little weird to me. So, I painted the frames of the doors green and that seemed perfect to me. One down, eight more to go. Good thing I don't mind painting :-) I also sponge painted the backsplash. It's in lighter shades of my accent wall behind the china hutch. In the end I decided that all my stencils were too busy. For now, I'll just put them aside until I find the perfect project for them.
progress report, doors, painting
progress report, doors, painting
Taunnie

• RoseTXMN

Your kitchen has almost the exact layout of ours--I am SO thankful you shared this! Would you be able to tell me where you got your kitchen table and chairs from? LOVE THEM TOO!!

• Taunnie

Thank you! The table and chairs are not a set. I bought the table 20 years ago at a furniture store. The end chairs came from a consignment shop 7 years ago. The side chairs were bought from Ikea 4 years ago. I painted the chairs and table base the same grey color. I took the table top off, re-sanded it, stained it a darker (teak) shade (it was that blond wood that was so popular in the 90's).