DIY Snow/Feather Ornament

$2.50

I'm in love with nature, and nature indoors this holiday season. I decided to make my own ornaments for our tree, instead of shelling out the money for premade ones. Feathers are a favorite of mine, so I knew I wanted to incorporate them into at least some of the ornaments I make. I think the simplicity of a feather in the snow is so beautiful, so I set out to recreate it. decoration
I can't wait to have these on my tree! For now, they will hang on this garland for the family to admire.
You will need a clear ornament, either plastic or glass ones are easy to find at any craft store. I found the snow at Target, but again, you can find these at any craft store. Finally you will need feathers. You can get dyed feathers, or natural feathers, it's your choice. Take a funnel, or a piece of paper if you don't have a funnel, and add the snow to the inside of the ornament.
Once it's filled about 3/4 of the way, take your feathers and place them inside. I like to vary the sizes, and swish them around in the snow. It creates a more natural look. You can hang these with hooks, or use ribbon, or twine, depending on your preference. I hope you enjoy these in your home, if you decided to do this!

IrisNacole

• Deanne Beatty-Grider

We have 2 Guinea birds at our house and the are getting older so this would really be special for our tree!! Thank You

• Connie wedding

Very cool idea. I have a lot of tiny pine-cones I will try this with, too. I have cut and put 2-inch lengths of shiny silver garland inside clear glass ornament balls before, and I love the sparkle it gives the tree. Looking forward to trying this.