Beachy Gold Thanksgiving Centerpiece

2.8K Views
Create a stunning centerpiece with natural items including shells and driftwood, perfect for Thanksgiving entertaining.
  • how to make a beachy gold thanksgiving centerpiece, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, thanksgiving decorations
Living in Seattle, the sea and the beach are a constant source of inspiration. But in the fall it's sometimes too cold an rainy to enjoy the beach. This Beachy Gold Centerpiece brings the magic of the sand and surf inside for Thanksgiving.
I found some shells in my garage (who knows when I collected them!) and I thought their shape would be perfect for a Thanksgiving project. Supplies: Supplies: Clam Shells (I used 3), a piece of driftwood, gold spray paint, vanilla bath salts, small candles, large leaves (real or faux) and a piece of lace or ribbon. You may also want to use hot glue for the lace.
First, spray paint the shells gold.
Then add some vanilla bath salts. If you don't have any bath salts, sand would work well too.
The candles will nestle in their perfectly.
Then rest the shell on a leaf for a pop of color and place on the driftwood.
For a finishing touch, glue lace or ribbon around the driftwood to give it a romantic feel.

Suggested materials for this project:

Malia Karlinsky

Ask a Question