Installing a Bucket Storage Rack

$90

I'm always looking for storage in my hybrid garage / workshop. I found a small section of open wall space under my garden tool storage rack for this sweet bucket storage system.
installing a bucket storage rack for garage, garages, storage ideas, woodworking projects
Since it's by Monkey Bars, the same manufacturer as my garden tool rack, I was simply able to transfer the same measurements from above to ensure that I hit the studs with the big lag screws when I installed the end brackets.
I love impact drivers!
I love impact drivers!
I slipped the horizontal "Monkey Bar" through the first installed bracket and slid the second bracket up into place using a magnetic torpedo level.
The brackets snap on easily and can be adjusted easily to allow for the stuff I have hanging above to fit without interference.
The buckets lay in at a nice angle, easy to access stuff like scrap wood and a bunch-o-rags (old t-shirts).
Any guesses why I have the technicolor assortment of buckets adorning the corner of my workshop? Check out the whole story on the blog!

John @ AZ DIY Guy

• Sabrina's Organizing

Great idea.

• Sue Kiene

I think that I would put in 2 rows of buckets and raise the large tools higher. Possible a shelf at the bottom. I like that the buckets look like they can be picked up and off to work we go. I have lots of trowels, and other hand tools and other things that would need more room than you have there and rather than hanging them, I would prefer them in a bucket I could just go with.