Bathroom Storage Solutions

While remodeling this St. Louis bathroom, we incorporated a few storage ideas that could be especially useful in a smaller bathroom. Included is a built in linen cabinet, a magazine rack in the wall, and a tile shampoo niche. All the above helps keep this bathroom clean and uncluttered!
Two freestanding vanities with Caesarstone remnant tops and porcelain sinks are a nice feature, as well as the linen cabinet which we were able to recess into the wall.
Need space and reading material?  Just build a rack in the wall!
Need space and reading material? Just build a rack in the wall!
We usually incorporate a tile shampoo niche to maximize space and convenience for clients.

• Katharine Nichols

Can you give more details on how you made the magazine rack? It looks like you framed the opening but where are and how do you make the slates stay in place?

• Hi Katherine, The slats are made with lattice material. Usually a store like Home Depot carries this 1/4" thick material in pine. You can cut a small groove in the frame material to receive the lattice before you install it (usually we cut and assemble the 4 sides of the frame before installing). You would then lay the lattice piece in the groove, and glue/ brad nail. OR, you could probably glue and brad nail the lattice right to the front of the frame, on the small exposed "reveal" that is in front of the casing. Hope that helps! Paul

• Sam

Is there a tutorial for building these space saving features?

• Regina Micciche

I absolutely love your bathroom, everything about it! I really love the linen shelves, I’m staring at my master bath trying to figure out how I can do something like this. The Master bedrooms, with attached bath’s they build these days are great, except they don’t have any place for linens. I have a cabinet hung above my toilet, but that’s just not enough for towels, sheets, etc. I love your color choice too, it reminds me of a spa.

• Diana Deiley

Love the size of the room but would have incorporated a door over the storage area and installed several floating shelves or added shiplap on that outer wall to create a focal point. It just needs 'something else' to complete the look. Great job though. Thanks for sharing.