Through the Looking Glass DIY Mirror!

If you are looking to create a mirror wall for your room, look no further than Krylon Looking Glass Paint! You take any clear glass object and spray paint the reverse side, resulting in a beautiful mirror for your space!
This is the paint I used. Krylon Looking Glass Mirror Paint. I had used it before on a glass candy dish and it worked great! (Well, until I left the candy dish out in the rain : (
This is my inspiration wall. This creator hung different types of old windows, framed by some shabby shutters to create a focal point wall that reflects the candlelight. I wanted to do the same thing in my dining room, but wanted to add a mirror with the window pane effect.
I took an old six-paned window and cleaned it (but not quite enough). Make sure your windows are sparkling clean before you spray, otherwise you will end up with streaky mirrors!
I started spraying the paint in layers, per the instructions. One layer at a time, then watching the vapors evaporate before adding another layer of paint. 5 coats in total.
Once the layers of paint were on, you can see that the finished product is dark and opaque- like the reverse side of a mirror!
This is my completed mirror. A bit "dusty" looking because I didn't clean my glass properly before I started! But that's OK, because I am creating a vintage-look wall anyway and it still reflects the light. More to come as I finish the entire installation! For the complete DIY instructions, click the blog link here:

Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Country Design Home

• Starr Durrant

What a great idea - thanks for sharing!

• Gina

I have a lovely old window and was just loo,I g for something to make it mirrored. Will this last outside as I want to

put it on my patio